Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Final Evaluation

I feel that this classroom experience has been great! I have learned so much from Brand Marketing. I have learned how to create a brand, about existing brands and different types of brands, different ways to build a brand and how to market as a brand. I truly feel that I have met all the criteria in the course competencies. Perhaps the best thing I took out of this class was how to build a successful brand. I learned that you have to start with something you WANT to do. To be successful, a brand needs to be reflective of the owner’s style and passion. Learning about other brands helped me to see what has to be done to establish and build a successful brand. The most helpful and inspiring brands that we learned about, for me, were Johnny Cupcakes and Vera Wang. These two brands began as a passion for the brand owners. Both of these companies have now gone on to become successful, wealthy brands. I learned a lot from the midterm and final projects. I like that in the midterm we studied how existing brands have branded themselves over the years. Later on, in the final, we created our own brand and product that we would sell. I really want to own my own store one day so this type of activity was very relevant and helpful to my future career. Overall, I have learned a ton from taking this course. I have missed three assignments and did not always keep up with my “tweets” and regrettably admit to such. However, my midterm and final projects are very elaborate and, I think, display that I have taken a lot from this course and will be able to apply it to my life in years to come. Overall, I would have to give myself a B in this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment